Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Metformin to Stay Clear from High Blood Sugar Levels

Type 2 diabetes is a common lifestyle disease. Although, a common illness, type 2 diabetes can prove to really dangerous and serious especially when the blood sugar levels soar abnormally high. In case of excessive rise in blood sugar levels complications like blindness, glaucoma, renal failure, stroke etc. can occur. It thus becomes highly important to control or reduce blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients.
The main cause of the rise in blood sugar levels is either the insulin resistance syndrome in people with type 2 diabetes or the inability of the liver to produce enough insulin for the proper metabolism of sugar in the body. Insulin is an essential chemical that is produced naturally in our body by the liver and is required for glucose metabolism in the body.

Type 2 Diabetes Patient
Type 2 Diabetes Patient

In insulin resistance syndrome the cells of the body become insensitive to the effect of insulin present in the blood thus resulting in high sugar levels in the blood. Metformin is one such medicine that is specially designed to reduce blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients whatever the cause of high blood glucose levels.
Metformin not only makes the cells of the body more sensitive or responsive to the action of insulin present in the blood but also makes the liver produce enough or sufficient insulin for the proper metabolism of sugar present in the blood. Moreover, another thing that makes metformin the popular type 2 diabetes treatment medicine is the fact the along with reducing blood sugar levels, metformin also helps reduce sugar cravings thus also aiding in weight loss and other issues like hypertension and cardiovascular disease due to obesity and diabetes.
The best part about metformin is that metformin is completely free from side effects, thus proving to be highly safe and effective medicine foe type 2 diabetes patients, people with insulin resistance, women with pcos, over weight individuals and heart patients. However, metformin may cause hypoglycaemia, if taken in large doeses or not as per prescribed by the doctor. People with kidney disease should also consult a doctor before taking metformin.
Metformin dosage depends on individual condition to be treated, doctor consultation is therefore essential and required.

5 comments:

  1. I was just recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes and I am trying to figure out how to manage living with it. More about me: 19 years old, roughly 200 pounds, 6 feet tall, athletic build. I thought I was living a healthy lifestyle. I eat fresh fruits and vegetables everyday, also lots of chicken and red meat. In addition to my diet, I exercise on a daily basis and get on average 7 hours of sleep a night. I was wondering if anyone has any general tips for me to keep my Type II diabetes under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are around bunch foods and soft drinks, that are affecting our health. You can often lower blood sugar levels by exercising. Also It is important to check blood sugar before and after exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from diabetes , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of diabetes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he had difficulty eating, and he always complain of stomach pain and he always Urinat often . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to diabetes . I never imagine diabetes has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. diabetes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098765@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story

    ReplyDelete